What is a University Strategy?
A University Strategy is the overarching strategic plan for the institution where decisions and choices are made with regard to the overall growth and direction of the University.
What's included in this University strategy template?
- 4x University Focus Areas
- 12x University Objectives
- 13x University Projects
- 19x University KPIs
Who is this University strategy template for?
This University strategy template can be useful for Universities (private or public) that are seeking to strengthen their strategic clarity and focus on the execution of the strategic priorities in order to lead in the Higher Education industry.
How is this University strategy template relevant to your organization?
A University strategy template is important to implement for any such institution as it helps shape and create the culture that the company is working towards, ensure it's advancing in the right direction by executing the strategic priorities. Having such a strategy in place determines the current strengths of the institution and how they can mitigate risks.
1. Define clear examples of your focus areas
Focus areas can be viewed as the foundation pillars in working towards your strategy. They are useful in expanding your vision statement and actually creating some structure to work towards achieving your goals. To clearly come up with higher education focus areas it is important to understand the core values of your organization and the culture you are trying to create.
For example, in a University, focus areas could be Student experience, Financial, Brand Awareness, and Career Path. These focus areas will usually revolve around what the organization is trying to achieve and why they believe it to be an important area to prioritize.
2. Think about the objectives that could fall under that focus area
A strategic objective usually has to be specific and measurable. They are performance goals that are set to increase productivity and reflect some form of big picture direction for your organization.
An example objective that could fall under the focus area of Student experience: Build a plan to help students graduate and avoid dropout.
3. Set yourself measurable targets (KPIs) to tackle the objective
A KPI is a key performance indicator that is measurable and evaluates the success rate of an organization in relation to the task at hand.
A few examples of some KPIs you'll find in this template:
- Increase graduation rate to 80%
- Increase first year to third-year retention rates to 90%
- Decrease student to teacher ratio to 40:1
4. Implement related projects to achieve the University Strategy KPIs
With regards to achieving said KPIs, it is important to have a few projects which can assist your organization in actually reaching the target.
University Strategy project examples:
- Conduct a student survey to see what they like about their degrees, what is missing and what can be added to better the curriculum
- Hire a careers councilor for students to seek advice
5. Utilize Cascade Strategy Execution Platform to see faster results from your strategy
Make sure your strategy is front and center with Cascade. You can plan, execute, measure and adapt your strategy in one easy-to-use platform and make sure your strategic plan is connected to on-the-ground execution.
Plan and execute your university's strategy with our University Strategy template in Cascade; it's $0 forever.